Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Chapters 1 - 4 and The Three Rules

Chapters 1 and 2 gave me great insight to learning new acting abilities. I never knew that a lot of my favorite actors opt out of performing their stunts. In these 2 chapters I learned the basic movements and ways to avoid injury while performing stunts. Stage combat in general interests me because I am a person that enjoys adrenaline type activities, so learning how to perform stage combat is really going to help me in my pursuit of becoming a film or television actor.

Chapter 3 taught me a lot of information that I was already well aware of about martial arts. I have always enjoyed fighting, so throughout the years I have followed many different varieties of mixed martial arts such as Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Muay Thai, and Kung-Fu. Martial arts is a great way to learn to fight while also learning the ability to show self control. This chapter just added more knowledge to what I already knew about martial arts.

Chapter 4 went into great detail about unarmed fights, which really interests me because it seems so real. I had a great time reading about all of the ways to make your unarmed fights look like they are real fights. Also, learning the techniques in class was a great experience and I am really looking forward to our performances on Friday the 27th.

The three rules to me are really just common sense that every actor should know anyways!!

"Acting is a passion in my life."

No comments:

Post a Comment