Thursday, September 12, 2013

Ok, so here is my first post, I know it is really late. I just really suck at this. So here goes nothing.

As for chapters 1-4 I found them enlightening for stage combat, as I had learned some very basic stage combat at my previous college. I have found this to elaborate on it even more. I find the step by step instructions helpful, but they cant replace the real thing and i find myself feeling limited by just reading and not actually practicing them on a partner. Chapter 1 and 2 i found to be mostly review from my previous class as both movement awareness and actor safety were a high focus in my class. Chapter 3 was all new to me i had never thought martial arts (or in this case taihenjutsu) could be helpful in stage combat as it is. Chapter 4 i have found to be especially helpful as a reference point, to go back to, for my unarmed fight. I personally found all these chapters to be quite interesting in that they continue to broaden my understanding of stage combat.

Now for the Homework,
The three rules are simple, but important because without them a fight scene will look stupid plain and simple. I found myself agreeing with the Observations on film art more than i thought i would, It is true that most fight scenes in movies today have become muddy and not very clear. I think this has to do with them trying to keep actors safe. But as you see with Jackie Chan you can do stage combat and not get hurt.
Third link would not load properly for me.

As for a picture: When Jackie Chan watched Expendables
daf7beae_jackie-chan-wtf-meme.jpeg

http://0x10cforum.com/forum/m/4932880/viewthread/3245562-meme-war/page/15

Gordon Moon
(Zeeo88)

No comments:

Post a Comment