Thursday, October 3, 2013

Fighting like Mamet showed me what actors can accomplish with fight scenes, it was interesting to see the possibilities, however, it is painfully obvious that real fights do not go that way. Real fights happen very quickly and there is very real damage that occurs throughout. I feel like even with a legitimate fight between martial artists, there isn't a lot of choreography, just a lot of quick techniques trying to disable your oppent.

I really did not know what to expect with the unarmed fights, but they ended up being a lot more fun that I thought they would be. Even throwing the fake blows and moves it felt awesome to see your acting partner sway and move to your moves as if it had really happened. It also was cool to play with acting out how I would react to getting hit (it has never happened, in my memory). It was fun to figure out how I would move if I got hit in a certain way, how my head would rock, or how my body would shift. It was also fun to try and "Do some damage" to somebody without ever really hitting them. Peter was a great partner to have, he added a lightheartedness to the scene that made it unique and more approachable.

Gordon and Mike had a lot of cool choreography that made it very entertaining, the "Help up, face punch" and the "back flip, walk away" parts were so fun to watch.

Bruce and Maggie had a more serious tone, they seemed to add the actual "Acting" part more efficiently than other groups.

Honestly, I feel like Micayla and Britney had the most realistic performance of all, the sounds they made and the efficiency of the moves they used really showed a hatred for each other, it also escalated at a realistic pace.

Everyone did really well with this, sometimes it is hard to portray violence, especially if you aren't a violent person in nature. Everyone really made their moves seem real and will do well if they ever need to use these skills in a performance!

No comments:

Post a Comment