Thursday, August 29, 2013

Basics of Stage Combat

              After reading the first two chapters in our text book I was surprised of the dangers of basic stage combat techniques. But after 13 years of martial arts training and doing countless performances, I can agree that there are many dangers of doing combat without proper training. Being aware of others you are preforming with is also vital to a successful performance.
              From my background as a third degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do, I can see the importance of knowing spatial awareness and distancing when doing any stage combat on or off the stage. While I have never seen any described injury happen in any of the performances I have been a part of, tho I do know that they do have a chance of happening if you are doing the technique wrong.
              After reading the first two chapters I can agree that being properly trained in stage combat is very important if you want to avoid injury and want to make the performance as believable as possible.
Bruce Lee my reason for becoming a martial artist.

Image Citation

No comments:

Post a Comment