Friday, September 27, 2013

Fighting like Mamet, Unarmed Fights, and Clapping Bunnies :D

The fighting like Mamet article was interesting to read. A lot of his techniques did cross over to the warriorship rules. This really does give you a sense of how to create a more organic flowing fight that looks realistic and is executed safely :) So this is a wonderful blog post/ article to read to get some inspiration on making a fight seem realistic through actions, character and dialogue.

In class today, we presented our unarmed fights. Unarmed fighting is always my favorite part of stage combat, and everyone did such an awesome job! I will be giving my two cents on everyone's fight as well as my own groups fight, see below!

Peter and Fred: 
As Jenn mentioned in class, the punctuations added in class made the fight easy to follow! I liked the flutter feet as a blocking tactic as well as the nonchalantly stepping away smoking a cigarette (just be sure to do something with the cigarette so the audience isn't wondering where it went!) Knee slam was so brutal! All in all, wahoo!

Gordon and Mike:
The whole bumping into each other starting a fight was comical. I still think it should have ended with the punch in the face when Gordon was trying to help Mike up, but yes...the back flip was cool and we're all jealous! So wahoo!

Bruce and Maggie:
Kicking the dog was funny! Late on a knap or two, but the whole string was short sweet and to the point (sometimes simple can be fun!) Wahoo!

Clara and Habel:
This fight was a little less humorous (which is totally fine!) It's nice to see a more darker fight, because those exist too! I loved the nonchalant trip from Habel. So Wahoo!

Sam and Anthony:
This was just fun to watch. The vocalizations were great! And the crab hands in the middle of the fight was hilarious. Both of you choking each other was a comical way to close the fight :D so wahoo!

Mikayla and Brittany:
Rock, paper, scissors to start the fight was hilarious. The fight escalated pretty quickly after that which added to the humor! Nice Jazz hands Brittany! And the vocalizations of this fight were also great! Wahoo!

As for my own group, I loved the simplistic route we took, it gave us time to focus on perfect those few moves to really solidify them. I loved performing it, its a fun bit that I would use again in the future if there was a need! So wahoo!

Wahoo to everyone and of course the image for today:


I hope I have enlightened you today!
-Tatum R.

No comments:

Post a Comment