Friday, September 6, 2013

How to not hit your partner in the face

Generally, I can't quite comprehend all of the written instructions of an exercise without first seeing it in motion. This is where the "use as a tool with your classes" comes into play for me.

Being familiar with a few of the techniques already, it was a nice refresher to have the guided step-by-step instructionson not causing bodily harm, but still punch at your partner. Or knee them in the stomach. Or kick them in the side. Being unfamiliar with the kicks and kneeing techniques, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't tickled to be trying those out soon, but seeing the techniques done in proper time, slowed down, from different angles, for me at least, is vital before I'd run out and try these on someone.

In seeing just how many techniques there are, and variations of each, I'm almost a little intimidated, and can only hope I get sufficient time to practise them and get them into  some muscle memory bank so as not to a) forget and b) underestimate timing or a sneeze and punch my partner in the face. This being a section of definitely not actually doing the latter, my fingers are firmly crossed. I'm also a might bit worried aboturt accidents, as even in the few practises I've had, a fist got too close to someone's ear, and Ifelt wretched my off-hand would betray me so. I saw in that little bit what being prematurely excited can do, and despite not making contact beyond a brush of the hair, I was terrified. Practise, practise, practise.

Also being face shy, it'll take a bit not to recoil violently at a fist coming anywhere near my head or body in general. not that's a terribly abnormal reaction to have, but it's still something to get used to.


No comments:

Post a Comment