Thursday, November 7, 2013

Other Weapons

The chapter on found and miscellaneous weapons was very interesting. It went over everything from staplers to fire arms. Like Tatum said the section on throwing tricks was the most interesting to me and I really want to see it demonstrated. I think that would be a cool one to incorporate into a fight seeing as one can dramatically pull a knife out of their gut and keep fighting. (Spoiler Alert, this is going to be in my next fight.) Additionally the chapter outlined the ways to keep oneself safe when fighting with different sized weapons, and some good strategy to imply in said situations. I thought it was very helpful that the chapter laid out all the necessary precautions that must be taken legally in order to have even a fake gun on stage. Now that I know, I think if I am choosing a play to produce I may steer clear of one that involves fire arms. Also she mentioned that a play where someone gets lit on fire might be one to skip because of the danger and complexity of such stunts. Basically it was good reading and I learned a thing or two.

Peter Van Atta


No comments:

Post a Comment